Donation and Devotion, Art and Music
as Heard and Seen Through the Writings of a Birgittine Nun
Donation for Pillenreuth
An additional record of Katerina’s donation for the monastery at which her sister Magdalena was prioress, can be found in the financial records of the Nuremberg city council. In 1517, Hans Imhoff and Martin Geuder purchased a municipal bond on Katerina’s behalf, the interest from which was given to the monastery at Pillenreuth and on which tax was to be paid in Nuremberg.
Sources: Nuremberg, Staatsarchiv, Reichsstadt Nürnberg, Losungamt, Bände, no. 70a (53).